- Do you accept insurance?
- Unfortunately, insurance does not cover our consulting services at this time. Depending on insurance, some testing may be covered. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, checks, and cash.
- Do I need to call my insurance company to check coverage of testing?
- No you do not. We can supply you with the list of insurance companies that participate with our labs. We will also provide information on how the billing system works.
- What if I forgot to send a copy of my insurance card with my test?
- You will need to contact Genova Laboratory so you can send the copy of the card to the appropriate place.
- What do I need to bring to my first appt.?
- Please bring the initial consult paperwork that we will send you prior to your appointment. You may also bring any labs or tests that you have from other healthcare practitioners.
- How do you assess client’s needs?
- We use a combination of an extensive and detailed questionnaire, which you are asked to complete before your appointment, and a thorough interview. We consider further testing on an as needed basis.
- How can I get my supplements between office visits, or after we are finished with formal counseling?
- You may continue to order your supplements through the office by phoning us at 814-234-0785 or e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to order through our online store where shipping is FREE!
- How long will I be in nutritional counseling?
- Since the sessions are highly customized, this will depend on each person. You may only need the Initial Visit and the first follow-up to set the course for future good health and lifestyle. Or if your situation is more complicated, we may need to work together for several months. At each session we will decide, together, on the next step, including how often to meet in order to accomplish your goals.
- What does it mean to be Registered and/or Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition?
- Becoming “Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition®” means we have earned professional recognition and validation for our knowledge and experience within the realm of holistic nutrition.
- What does HHP mean?
- This is a certification as a Holistic Health Practitioner which Monica earned in the 1990s at Kripalu Center for Health and Yoga.
- What is CN?
- Monica is a Certified Nutritionist through the American Health Sciences University.
- Do you work with people out of your area?
- Yes, we work with people locally and remotely.
- How do I know which test kit?
- Your practitioner can help you decide which test kit is right for you. If you are new to BeWell Associates, we encourage you to set up a free 15 minute consult so we can assist you better.
- Do I need to stop my medication prior to testing?
- We never recommend stopping any prescribed medications before doing the tests. If you have specific questions, you can set up a FREE 15-minute consult to go over your concerns.
- Where do I go to get my blood drawn?
- Locally, we use Mt. Nittany Medical Center (the hospital, not the bldg. in front of the hospital). Huntingdon County residents can go to J.C. Blair. For clients outside of our area, you will get a bloodspot test to do at home.
- How long do I fast?
- You will need to fast for at least 10 hours.
- Why do I have to cut back on water intake the day before?
- For best results, your urine sample needs to be as concentrated as possible. Try not to go over 50 ounces of water the day before.
- Do I need to make an appt. with the lab for my blood draw?
- No. Mt. Nittany Medical Centre opens at 7:00AM and you do not need an appt.
- Do I really have to fill the vial with saliva?
- Yes. You will need to fill the saliva vials to the 5mL mark. This may take up to 30 minutes. Try to eliminate any bubbles by lightly tapping the vial on a hard surface.
- How do I pay for my saliva test?
- You pay BeWell directly and once the results come in we will have an appt. to go over your results.