Digestive ailments are one of the most frequent health concerns that we see in our clinic. Click on the live links to read more on those topics.
Here a few of the most common:
- Acid Reflux/Heartburn/Indigestion
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) See below.
- Leaky Gut
- Gallbladder/Gall Stones
- SIBO/SIFO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth and Small Intestinal Fungal Overgrowth)
Symptoms that may accompany your tummy troubles:
- Mood swings
- Sugar cravings
- Chronic fatigue
- Foggy thinking
Some causes of digestive distress:
- Food sensitivities
- Hidden infections, such as candida or other unfriendly gut bacteria
- Inadequate or imbalanced gut flora
- Carbohydrate intolerance
- Side effects of medications
- Poor digestive enzyme production due to stress or nutritional deficiencies
- Other nutritional deficiencies
A note about IBS:
IBS or irritable bowel syndrome is a very common diagnosis these days. But is it really a diagnosis? At BeWell, we consider it simply a description of the condition, with no insight about the cause.
People already know that their bowels are irritated, often manifesting as a combination of diarrhea and constipation. What they need is an understanding of why their bowels are so cantankerous.
Let’s take a look at some of the most common possible causes of IBS:
- SIBO or small intestinal bacterial overgrowth
- SIFO or small intestinal fungal overgrowth
- low stomach acid
- food allergies other than celiac
- celiac disease or severe gluten allergy
- chronic dehydration
- low fiber diet
- overuse of antibiotics
- low gut flora
- not creating the time to empty the bowels
- chronic back tension
As with all digestive health issues, determining the root cause is the first step to healing. Through comprehensive health histories and, when necessary, functional testing, we can determine the cause of your symptoms and set you on the road to healthy digestion.
- Treat the Cause, not the Symptoms: IBS (PDF)
- The Real Reason For Heartburn
- Food Allergies
- Tips and Recipes For Better Digestion
Client Success Stories
Chronic Constipation Overcome, other perks as well
You wouldn’t believe how grateful I am that I’m eliminating easily every day. Constipation has been a lifelong struggle for me and now it’s over. Thank you so much! I’m also sleeping more soundly and most of the back and neck pain are gone and joints are much better as well. I really appreciate your targeted approach based on testing. I now realize I was taking all the wrong supplements. You’ve made me into a firm believer in functional testing.
G.L. State College, PA
Increased Energy & No More Reflux
In 3 months on Monica’s program I’ve lost 30 pounds, my cholesterol went down 33 points, my triglycerides 112 points and my good cholesterol went up 5. My blood sugar came down 17 points. I have decreased both my medications by half and plan to keep going. I have much more energy, no reflux (and have stopped my reflux meds) and I am walking without knee pain. I still have a ways to go and exercise has been really important to my program, but I’m happy with my results.”
B.B., Binghamton, NY